I got to experience the backstage madness of Lakmé Fashion Week this year with TIGI Bed Head, the official hairstyling partner for Lakmé Fashion Week Summer Resort’ 16, and it was exhilarating! Between the orderly chaos of models, hair stylists and makeup artists trying to create perfection right in time to to set the stage on fire, I managed to squeeze in all the hairstyling queries I could with Bed Head expert Reetu Dang.
Her favorite weapons of choice you ask?
- TIGI Bedhead Superstar Queen For a Day Thickening Spray to add volume to the roots
- TIGI Bed Head Small Talk to add body and volume throughout the length of the hair
- TIGI Bed Head Maxxed-Out Massive Hold Hairspray and TIGI Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray for hold and shine
Dhruv Kapoor’s collection lived up to the audience’s expectations with fun, youthful, uber cool designs and patterns. TIGI Bed Head Backstage Team created a sleek hairstyle featuring a side parting with a portion of the hair covering one eye and the rest falling straight with a slight wave that added a dramatic look to the collection.
The closing show on Day 3 was by Amit Aggarwal and combined the best of locally sourced factors with progressive aesthetics. TIGI Bed Head Hair Experts created soft buns which seamlessly blended into the entire collection.
The Hair Wrapped Ponytail:
- To achieve this look shampoo and condition your hair with TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Re-energise Level 1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- After drying your hair apply TIGI Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing and Prepping Hair Meringue to the entire hair
- Power dry hair
- Take a box section of the hair and start working at the sides and apply TIGI Bed Head Maxxed-Out Hairspray
- Comb the sides of the hair really clean and tight and fix this part of your hair with the help of a tissue and a clip (this is to avoid any clip marks on the hair)
- After this, start working on the centre sections and take vertical sections
- Back comb the hair slightly and wrap a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin.