Come December and it’s time to begin preparations for the much awaited party season. You want to look your best but a few late nights, over-exertion, use of cosmetics and makeup, consumption of alcohol and unhealthy food can really take a toll on your health and skin.
Dr. Sangeeta Amladi - Head Medical Services at Kaya Skin Clinic shares some easy and quick tips to help you look your radiant best and be the envy of others all through the partyseason:
· Water is the best gift that nature has in store for you. For that soft, supple and glowing look keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water everyday
· Before applying makeup, make sure your skin is clean and exfoliated. Use a good, gentle exfoliator and rub it on the face in slow, circular motions. The circular motions will ensure good blood circulation and the exfoliating will remove dead skin cells, revealing a bright, new complexion. After you’ve exfoliated both face and body, moisturize from head to toe
· Vitamin C can do wonders to your skin, especially in the winters. Opt for facials that are rich in Vitamin C and include fruits like grapes, oranges, watermelons and berries in your daily diet. You could also try an instant hydrating mask, 2-3 days before the party
· During the winter season, you might experience puffiness in your eyes. Splashing cold water in the eyes and the use of eye pads with cucumber, potato and green tea bags will help reduce the puffiness & make them look wonderful to flaunt your favorite eye make-up during the party season. You should apply these eye pads at least twice a day to get desired results. Use can also use Kaya’s Lighten & Smooth Under Eye Gel to make your eyes even more beautiful
· For the lips, use mild petroleum jelly every night so that your lips do not look flaky when you apply lipstick or gloss. During night time, the jelly will penetrate into your lips and work on the flaky skin throughout the night, giving you supple lips in the morning
· Remember to remove the makeup with a skin cleanser or wet wipes before going to sleep. You can useKaya’s Hydra Cleanse Make Up Remover to gently remove dirt, excess oil and makeup, thus preventing breakouts the following day
· Soak a towel in ice cold water and press it to your face; this constricts blood vessels and there’s less fluid accumulation. Don’t forget to catch-up on some beauty sleep. Sleep boosts the immune system and your skin gets to regenerate
· For your hair, make sure to use a mild shampoo and a good conditioner. Avoid hot dryers and in case you use hairsprays, glitter and other hair products make sure to wash off all the chemicals from your hair completely
· For your skin, plan in advance and undergo services like skin polishing or hair reduction. If you plan to wear a dress that reveals your back, go for a back shine treatment a few days before the party. You can opt forKaya’s Signature Back Therapy which is a complete service that includes back polishing, brightening using microdermabrasion and exfoliation
· At Kaya Skin Clinic, there are various services like fillers and BOTOX that can help enhance your features. You can also avail of the new Aqua Radiance service that will rejuvenate your skin with the goodness of water and air. The Jet Peel technology uses high energy supersonic flow and a micro-droplet spray to gently refresh and hydrate the skin. The glycolic peels used for “infusion” in the service are derived from the sugarcane extracts and penetrate the skin quickly and easily, allowing new skin to surface quicker.
(Information sent by PR)